NAVIGAT X MK 1
Digital Marine Gyrocompass System
The NAVIGAT X MK 1 Gyro Compass is type approved in accordance with the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) standards. In addition the system is approved to the High-Speed Craft Code and as a rate-of-turn sensor with an accuracy level that meets IMO-Standards.
The NAVIGAT X MK 1 provides high performance and reliability with sophisticated gyro compass technology. In addition, to fulfil the main function as a heading sensor, the NAVIGAT X MK 1 Gyro Compass offers many features that provide additional value and make day-to-day work easier.
|The NAVIGAT X MK 1 Gyro compass can be installed on any bridge, from large yachts to the most capacious merchant marine vessel. It provides highly reliable and accurate heading information, under all weather conditions.
Fast and Easy Service
All electronic components are plug-in modules, for fast and easy service. The vessel’s cables are connected directly to terminals within the gyrocompass housing, facilitating installation. Digital heading information is derived as an absolute value from a 13-bit shaft encoder.
The NAVIGAT X MK 1 Gyro Compass system has a control and display unit installed in the front access cover. When required, the control and display unit can be removed from the access cover and installed at a location remote from the gyrocompass for quick and easy access.
Gyro Compass Features:
- Automatic static north speed error correction – no extra unit required
- High speed transmission and follow-up system 100° / sec
- Highly accurate digital heading data transmission by shaft encoder
- Twin rotors (19,000 rev / min) and liquid damping system eliminate latitude error
- A ±180° electronic alignment error correction in setup program (mechanical correction is not necessary)
- MTBF of 40,000 hours & Maintenance intervals of 18 months
- Insensitive to horizontal acceleration
- Will drive a maximum of 12 analogue repeaters
- Two independent 6 steps/degree heading outputs (0.5 A)
Outputs to Navigation Data Printer:
- Heading source gyro/magnetic
- Rudder angles of two independent rudders
- Automatic emergency power changeover and status alarm
- Single point suspension of the gyrosphere container eliminates the well-known adverse effects associated with gimbals
For more information about Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine’s NAVIGAT X MK 1 Gyro Compass, please contact us.